Saturday 23 November 2013

New Bike Order

So you've read my introduction, which mostly gives an insight about my past, now for the present...

These days I tend to ride a mix of downhill and cross country, I have a Specialized SX Trail that I use as a cross-country come all mountain bike, admittedly it is a bit on the heavy side and a bit worn out. I also have an Orange 224 that I use for more aggressive downhill tracks.

Having read about the apparent benefits of 29ers I was particularly interested in their ability to smooth out the trail but wasn't prepared to loose the agility I'm used to with a 26" wheel bike. What I really needed was something in-between... cue the 27.5/650b fad/craze/hype and with it the release of the Santa Cruz Bronson.

I was hooked, it was the best looking bike I'd seen in a while and appeared to be the bike for me, I read a lot of reviews that all seemed to concur - this is a truly well designed bike.

So while I had some money burning a hole in my pocket, the urge wasn't hard to resist, I bit the bullet and ordered a custom built Bronson Carbon through Bromley Bike Company.

Next was the hard bit - waiting...

I ordered the bike mid August, as I wanted a custom build Bromley Bike Company placed an order for a Large Carbon Bronson in Tennis Yellow. At this point it I found out that every man and his dog had the same idea as me, Santa Cruz had something like 4 times the orders for the Bronson than they expected. I was gutted to hear that I was going to have to wait 4 months until the frame would be delivered, I just kept telling myself it was going to be worth it!

No comments:

Post a Comment